Ask an Expert
When should I see a doctor for my child’s stuffy nose?
8th September 2015
A blocked nose usually clears up on it’s own after a few days and doesn’t require medical attention.
If your child has something lodged in their nose, take them to a doctor or A&E right away. Don’t try to remove the object yourself.
Other reasons to see a doctor for a blocked nose:
- With children, if the cold/stuffy nose lasts more than 10 days
- With babies, if the cold is getting worse instead of better after five days
- Your baby is less than three months old and has a temperature over 38°C
- Your child is three to six months old and has a temperature over 39°C
- They’re rubbing their ear or say their ear hurts
- They seem unusually tired and lacking in energy